Thursday, November 23

10 Thing I Am Grateful For This Thankgiving

1. Living in Alaska. Honestly this is number 1 for me for so many reasons. Alaska has been "good for me" in a lot of ways and I will forever be grateful for this state.

2. My family. You guys, I love my giant, spread out family. They are such good people and I do miss being able to see them more frequently, but I am so grateful that they reach out to me so regularly, even though I live so far away.

3. My friends. Near and far, these people that surround me are the best sort of people who everyone would be lucky to know. They have taught me so much and I will forever be grateful for them.

4. The Experiences in my life. I've lived on this planet for three decades and I am truly grateful for the different life experiences, good and bad which have helped to shape me into the person I am today. I would not trade them for a different life.

5. The youth I have worked with throughout the years, especially the ones I currently have at my site. My kids are my world and I love each and every one of them. I have learned so much from them and I can't imagine dedicating my life to anything else.

6. My health. I know, I know -- so cliche. But honestly, I am so grateful for my continued good health. I have been extremely blessed with really great health in my lifetime and I refuse to take it for granted. This includes the multiple long-distance trips I have taken across country and how relatively safe they have been.

7. Sunsets and Sunrises. I am lucky enough to live in a state where I can see and experience both of these frequently and each time I am reminded of how grateful I am for the beautiful colors that fill the sky.

8. Freedom. In a world of lessening freedoms, I am grateful for the ones I have experienced in my lifetime.

9. My job. Yes, all organizations have flaws and this one is no different, but I have met awesome people, gained so much experience, grown in so many ways, and truly, I am grateful for Camp Fire Alaska.

10. You. Yes, you. I am grateful for you. In a world that can seem scary, I am grateful for the people who work to make it better by reaching out to others, by loving all the harder, and by stopping to take an interest in others.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see your update and thankful you are enjoying life and Alaska! May the Lord continue to bless you in all things as you serve others with such joy! You are loved. :-) Beth Ann

    ReplyDelete